Communities Holy Sword
June 23, 2017, 05:36:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Holy Sword issue out!!! FREE PDF download http://go.holysword.gr/issue2pdf/

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up the hammers festival V  (Read 30957 times)
warlordtony
Administrator

To the swords!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

PAGAN ALTAR !!!

NEW issue out!!! Old style Heavy Metal Fanzine... Check www.holysword.gr for ordering info or download free pdf @ http://go.holysword.gr/issue2pdf
DamienKing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 07:34:23 PM »

I have the mighty trigger 7inch and its my most prized possession as a collector.It's hand signed by Kostelo and Thanugken to me (arugken was too busy watching vazelo).I cant wait to see them live by the sign of steel!!
Dark Stranger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »

I'd love to see Metalucifer, Ironsword, Holy Martyr and Brocas Helm next year.

Trigger sound cool though, early Manowar mixed with Bathory?? I'll have some of that!!
hardrockerfromhell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 07:56:01 PM »

TRIGGER, well, do they have a website, myspace or something???

Some other suggestions: BEEHLER, ROSS THE BOSS, RUTHLESS, HOLY MARTYR...!

Akis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »

HELSTAR
AMULANCE
Q5
HITTMAN

WITCHKING
HIBRIA
ARMORY
LION'S SHARE
starchild

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »

Faith Factor would be great with Ski performing some Deadly Blessing early stuff
hardrockerfromhell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »

PEGAZUS from Australia !!!  Cool

Volrath

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »

KIN OF ETTINS from Texas \m/

www.myspace.com/kinofettins 
WotaN
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:15:32 AM »

Ok, I think that my turn has come to suggest some bands for the upcoming Up The Hammers V.
First of all i will make clear my opinion.I think that Up The Hammers festival is by far the best Greek metal festival,concerning bands,people and management.I will try to suggest new and old bands,not in any particular order,but always having in mind that we need to give strength to the new blood of heavy metal.
So,

Ironsword:
Having a great new album recently and a couple of years since they played live in Greece for the last time, I think that this is the best chance to enjoy them on stage again.

Crescent Shield:
Killer power metal band in the US way (Jag Panzer etc) which is about to release a brand new album in May
Check them here: www.myspace.com/crescentshield

Domine:
I like the idea of Domine performing old songs even though i like almost all of their works.It would be a miracle listen to all time masterpieces such as May The Rainbow Shine On You or Let The Lightning Strike.So my vote goes for Domine as well!

Dawn Of Winter:
Epic doom metal gods featuring Gerrit Mutz from the mighty Sacred Steel.They have recently released their new album.We should not forget the doom metal fans of Up The Hammers fest haha!

Sacred Steel:
Ok,no need to say something more.I think that most of Greek and German guys love this band.It's gonna be a mass when they will hit the stage!

Doomshine:
I dont fuckin' know if this band is still active,but if it's we should give them a try performing live at the festival.

Tracer:
Killer new thrash metal band from Germany.Don't miss these guys!
Check them here: www.myspace.com/tracermetal

Count Raven:
Swedish gods of doom metal.I think Count Raven is the only doom metal band around Europe which has a great name among doom metal fans and its members are active for live shows.

Doomsword:
It's been 3 years or so since their last appearance in Athens.Its a band which is so damn loved by the Greek and German audience.Nothing more,nothing less.Bring them!

Dominus Praelii:
I don't know if a band from Brazil is something easy to handle for a festival but this band rule.Heavy barbaric metal for epic metal warriors!  Tongue
Check them here: www.myspace.com/dominuspraelii

Hyborian Steel:
New band which i discovered a couple of days before.They are from Italy and they some kind of epic/speed metal in the veins of Ironsword,Manilla Road and Cirith Ungol.They are also about to sign contract with MyGraveyard productions (Dark Quarterer,Assedium etc).
Check them here: www.myspace.com/hyboriansteel

Procession:
Just bring them NOW! Ok they are from Chile Tongue but apart from this they rock badly.Epic doom metal the way it should be played.
Check them here: www.myspace.com/processionburn

Arryan Path:
By far the best act from Cyprus.They are recording their new album the time we speak.Their first album is a masterpiece and I think that they have many fans in Greece.

Ostrogoth:
Just make my dream come true!

Hierophant:
New band from the States.To be sincere I don't like this band alot.But since every single guy I know loves them,they should be cool haha
Check them out here: www.myspace.com/hierophanttheband

Crosswind:
Killer new Greek power metal band.They have recently released their new EP.
Check them here: www.myspace.com/crosswindmetal

Enforcer:
I prefer Portrait in this style of metal but they are cool band and they have a lot of fans out there.

Cast Iron:
Finnish gods! Bring them NOW!

While Heaven Wept (Dreaming):
Ok,considering what Tom Phillips wrote in the last blog of WHW the band is active again,ready for shows and recordings.I think that we have nothing to lose if we make a contact with this band.

Thunder Rider:
Need why?Huh

Diamond Plate:
Another killer thrash metal band from Chicago in the bay area way.
Check them here: http://www.myspace.com/diamondplate1

Metalucifer:
Dreaming  Grin

Solitary Sabred:
Another new hope for epic metal from Cyprus.
Check them here: http://www.myspace.com/solitarysabred

Solitude Aeturnus:
For headlining one day.We just need more from this band!3 times aren't as much as it seems!

Ok,that's all folks,
I know that it may be quiet difficult for Manolis to bring some of the bands I mention above but i hope that i helped him out a bit!
Guys,time is passing pretty fast,Up The Hammers V is coming day after day and lets all hope it will be even better than the previous ones!

PS: I will return in case another band will come in my mind,so stay tuned  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:25:54 AM by WotaN » Logged
UTH - Manolis
Down the nails!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »

Thanks all for your proposals they are really helpfull!
To sum up so far we have these bands:
Domine 4
Ostrogoth 2
doomsword 2
crosswind 2
Ironsword 2
Holy Martyr 2
helstar
virgin steele
jag panzer
savage grace
vicious rumors
assedium
Wild knight
Jag panzer
Riot
White skull
Axehammer
Wotan
Roase Crusis
Arryan path
Ruthless
Speedifire
Pagan altar
Metalucifer
Brocas Helm
Ruthless
Ross the boss
HELSTAR
AMULANCE
Q5
HITTMAN
WITCHKING
HIBRIA
ARMORY
LION'S SHARE
Faith Factor
PEGAZUS
KIN OF ETTINS
Crescent Shield
Dawn Of Winter
Sacred Steel
Doomshine
Tracer
Count Raven
Doomsword
Dominus Praelii
Hyborian Steel
Procession
Arryan Path
Ostrogoth
Hierophant
Enforcer
Cast Iron
While Heaven Wept
Thunder Rider
Diamond Plate
Metalucifer
Solitary Sabred
Solitude Aeturnus

Keep in mind that our first option is to bring bands that never played Greece before.
Some of them are impossible, some i don't know and some were allready on my mind.
I will try though my chances on most of them.
Cheers
Manolis/ UTH

WotaN
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »

Great,can't wait for further news!  Grin
Saxnot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »

Ok, I think that my turn has come to suggest some bands for the upcoming Up The Hammers V.
First of all i will make clear my opinion.I think that Up The Hammers festival is by far the best Greek metal festival,concerning bands,people and management.I will try to suggest new and old bands,not in any particular order,but always having in mind that we need to give strength to the new blood of heavy metal.
So,
Absolutely true and it's not only one of the best festivals in Greece. That's why I come to Athens every year. I love the underground spirit, billing (bands such as CRUSH and REFLECTION will surely never play in Germany, unfortunately) and everything "around" the festival (after show parties, "Eat Metal sessions", ...).

Besides the bands already mentioned (especially DOOMSWORD, PAGAN ALTAR and BROCAS HELM would fit perfectly) I would love to see the following ones: ASKA, ATLANTEAN KODEX, ENCHANTER ("Symbols..."), HEIR APPARENT, SATAN/BLITZKRIEG, TOKIO BLADE, TYRANT (US), WARLORD, ...
On top of that I heard that FIFTH ANGEL is active again!
From the young Greek bands, DRAGON'S LAIR, SOLITARY SABRED and WISHDOOM could be interesting.

...and CIRITH UNGOL!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:47:13 PM by Saxnot » Logged
WotaN
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »

Yes fifth angel are back.They are active and ready to record a new album or something.
chris

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »

Hey, Arryan Path have 2 votes!!!!

I do not know if now is the time to talk a little about the place it will be held but i think this will be more appropriate when the headliners will be announced (for example, if Candlemass or Jag Panzer are the headliners of one day, a larger venue will be more useful, not only for the fans but also for Manolis, at least this is what i think - i do not have anything against An club, except those 2 pillars that restrain the visibility for many people,  but on Titan Force it was too full).

P.s.: Warlord still owe us a show...
WotaN
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »

Well something about Metalucifer.I know it may be quiet difficult to bring the Japanese lineup but why don't we try something with the German lineup which is consisting of 2 members of Metal Inquisitor? I think this would be way much easier to handle!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: